The Japan Society of Ultrasonics in Medicine invites candidates to apply for the JSUM Fellowship for the year 2016, as explained in the enclosed Guidelines for the JSUM Fellowship.
The period of research or training in Japan will be from April 2016 through March 2017.
Individual members of each affiliated society of AFSUMB are requested to submit applications to JSUM no later than July 3, 2015. Applications should be accompanied by
- a completed Application Form,
（Including" 3.a written pledge from the candidate", and"4．evidence of being a member of each affiliated society of AFSUMB")
- a photocopy of passport showing photograph and identification information,
- a written pledge from the candidate,
- evidence of being a member of each affiliated society of AFSUMB (or verification/recommendation letter from secretary/ President of each AFSUMB affiliated society,
- certificate of TOEFL/TOEIC score
- a Letter of Provisional Acceptance by a Japanese supervisor stating that the applicant will be accepted by the supervisor's institution if a fellowship is offered. Each applicant need to choose a Japanese supervisor on your own preference on
the Selected List of SJSUM/EJSUM Fellowship Application.(PDF)
*Sample of Confirmation letter of Provinsional Acceptance.
Applicants must be 40 years of age or under as of April 1st of 2016.
It is not necessary for applicants to enclose “a letter of recommendation from the president of an affiliated society to the president of JSUM” at the time of application. The JSUM secretariat will refer to appropriate persons if they deem recommendation necessary.
The number of candidates from each society is not limited.
Please note that applications arriving after the deadline cannot be accepted.
We will mail the names of selected Fellowship recipients to the secretary of each society by the end of December 2015.
For inquiries or more detailed information, please contact Dr. Masatoshi Kudo, Chief of the Foreign Affairs Committee, JSUM, at the above address.
Thank you for your cooperation.